Vietnam visa news
Guidelines on the conditions and procedures for the transit in Vietnam
Foreigners who want to fly to a certain country but transit in Vietnam for different reasons have to go through the transit procedure to stay in Vietnam and wait for the next flight. So, what are the conditions for transit in Vietnam? What is the application procedure for transit? This article will help you know more about the transit procedures in Vietnam!
Some notes on the transit of Vietnam:
According to the law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam in 2014, “transit” refers to foreigners who arrive through or stay in the transit area of Vietnam’s international border ports.
Conditions for transit to Vietnam:
Foreigners who fully meet the following three conditions may transit to Vietnam:
- Valid passport or valid international travel document;
- Tickets for third country trips;
- Visa from a third country (except visa-free).
Vietnam transit area:
- Transit zone refers to the area under the gate of the international border, where foreigners can stay to go to a third country;
- The transit area will be determined by the agency responsible for managing the international border gates.
Transit cases in Vietnam:
Below are the cases of foreigners in Vietnam:
Transit by air:
- Foreigners who cross the border by air do not need a visa and must stay in the transit area of the International Airport.
- If an alien wishes to enter Vietnam for a visit or travel according to the plan organized by Vietnam International Travel Agency, he/she must be
- considered for a Vietnamese visa according to the transit time during the transit period.
Transit by sea：
- Foreigners passing through the sea are visa-free and must stay in the transit area of the harbor border port during the berthing period;
- During the transit period, if it is necessary to enter the country to visit or travel, a chapter organized by the Vietnamese travel agency must be granted a Vietnamese visa according to the transit time.
If you need to leave the country through another border port, please apply for a Vietnam visa with a VR symbol.
Guide for foreigners to apply for Vietnam transit visa
As mentioned above, foreigners who wish to visit and travel according to the plan of the Vietnam International Travel enterprise organization must implement the visa application procedure. In this case, the application for a Vietnamese transit visa includes the following documents:
- Have completed the visa application form under the specified form, which contains all the information;
- Original passport or valid international travel document, valid for more than 6 months;
- The size of the picture is 4x6cm with white background;
- Confirmed flight booking;
- Other documents required by Vietnam Immigration Bureau.
Apply for a Vietnam visa through an agency
We provide visas, work permits, temporary residence cards, immigration procedures, and other services, and have operated for more than 10 years. Come to us, you only need to provide some necessary personal documents, let us deal with the rest!
To learn more about the procedures and related services for issuing temporary residence cards for foreigners, please contact: email@example.com
contact us to apply for Vietnamese visa